Saturday, July 25, 2009

The first day was HOT (Wesley)


So the first day went well. Doug and I were both tired from being too amped up for the trip to sleep. Late start. Once we got into the central valley it was hot as hell. My Ipod shut down it was so hot. In Yreka tonight in a hotel 6. Had a delicious dinner at Taco Bell and a few Jack and Cokes thanks to Doug carrying some in his spare oil can...we don't need spare oil anyway. Tomorrow an early start to Portland to see my sister and niece and brother in law. Al Lemire from Idaho is riding out to meet us for a day of riding to Vancouver Monday. We had a bunch of photos to upload but...Doug somehow erased them! Wanker! Hard to believe we have 20 more days of this. I always forget how taxing this many miles a day is on the body. Not much to say today. Just getting into the groove. Encountered a fellow ADV rider on the road and was given the obligatory ADV salute...the middle finger...its a motorcycle thing. I returned the gesture. Met up with them later at a truck stop and chatted a bit. They were doing way more miles than us and two up on a Vstrom with no rear brakes because they wore them out...but we are easing into it....we will be up to speed soon. More from Portland tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. It was REALLLLLLY hot. I know...I could smell you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did a run from San Jose to Anchorage last month. Had to stick to pavement because I was on a borrowed Ducati ST2. You two should have many more interesting riding opportunities with dual-sport capability. *jealous*

    ADVRiders gave me some great routes & places to visit in Western Canada. If you find my threads under my user profile AKGeekGrrl (blogger won't let me link for some reason) you can see for yourself.

    Have fun! Be safe!

    ReplyDelete