Friday, July 31, 2009

Crash Bars and wasps {Wesley}


Sorry for our delay in updating this blog but we really are in the middle of nowhere. And there really are few chances to update but now we have a window so here goes. The day before yesterday was less than optimal. Cruising along around 75mph up the Cassiar...really enjoying myself. Out of the corner of my eye I see a small black dot that hits my helmet and conveniently funnels down my jacket. I knew this could be potentially a bad thing so I pulled over in front of a farmer's driveway to investigate. As I pulled in and turned the engine off I felt the first sting of a wasp on my stomach. I rushed to get my gear off and get the kick stand down as a BC farmer looked over at me with surprise. As I got my jacket unzipped I felt another sting in...well...my private area...I jumped off the bike and...The bike fell on its side as I ripped my pants off. Got rid of the wasp but found myself standing in front of a Canadian farmer with my pants down and my bike on its side. He was nice enough to help me lift it up...the bike, that is. Thanks BC farmer...and he didn't make too much fun of me...a little, though.

So we have really been doing the miles. 500 today. Its a lot but feels great to have the time to ride so much. And the more riders we meet we realize that we are light-weights. Some of these guys are really doing it and they have a lot of knowledge to share. This trip is making me want more trips. And its only the first week.

I think I need new gloves

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't remove it- I just edited it...
    OMG. Wesley looks like Johnny Depp with the facial hair! Wow....
    Horrified to hear about the wasps!! And the Abbott and Castello pants dance.
    Hello Johnnnny.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. That happened to me when I was gardening. I had my pants down and a sting on my ass and I let the bee have its freedom. But I was in my back yard.......not in front of a farmer. That is hysterical!

    jani

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's funny and yet not so funny at the same time. Road trips definitely produce the best stories though--so you should have dozens by the time you're done. Sounds great so far. The moose in the river pic looks professional, so kudos to you guys for great camera work--was that with the 5D Mark II?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wesley, Owen would be hysterical with laughter at the thought of you with your pants down (for that reason!). be careful and enjoy!
    Jutta

    ReplyDelete
  6. LMAO that would have been hilarious to see!! :P And wow u do kinda look like johnny depp in that picture...

    This blog is the shiz btw. :) It sounds like you're having a lot of fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, when the movie comes out for this road trip--this photo has got to be the one for the poster!

    ReplyDelete